Golden Visas – Chinese investors still the majority interested in PortugalBy Lina Rodrigues • May 24th, 2015 • Category: Property News & Info
Chinese investors continue to have interest in investing in Portugal. In accordance with the latests statistics available from SEF website the Chinese make up for the majority of investors at a total of 1,777 since 2012, followed by Brazil and Russia at 74 and 70 respectively.
The original programme for Golden Visas were available to those who:
– started a business with at least 10 employees;
– bought a property valued at Euros 500,000 or over;
– transferred Euros 1,000,000 in cash to Portugal (to be in a holding deposit account during a 5 year period).
Reforms of the Golden Visa are also now available to those who:
– invest at least Euros 350,000 in a scientific project in Portugal;
– invest or support an artistic project – for not less than Euros 350,000;
– rehabilitate and maintain a heritage site or building for no less than Euros 350,000;
– purchase a property to realise urban rehabilitation works, Euros 500,000;
– 20% less expenses available to investors who develop projects in Portugal’s deserted interior in areas of extremely low population density (less than 100 people/km).